James Sweet

"Jade Dragon" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have a 32" Sony Vega which is out of warranty. Less than one week
after the warranty expired we had a problem with the "red
screen/blue-purple screen". An authorized Sony repairman fixed the
problem. Less than a year later, after being unplugged prior to the
start of a storm, the tv stopped turning on. On occasion, we try to
turn it on, and sometimes it does start, and runs properly for awhile.
It seems that each time it is unplugged, the problem returns. Having
read the related posts, I discovered the flashing red light is giving
an error code. When trying to turn the tv on, we are getting the relay
start up noise, which is usually very loud if the tv is going to start,
and softer if it is not going to start. Then the red light blinks 7
times. Does anyone have any information about what that error is?

It's probably a solder joint or capacitor in the power supply, I'm not sure
what sort of info you're looking for exactly though, if you're familiar with
repairing TV's then you should already have some ideas of what to look for,
otherwise there's really not much you can do yourself other than break it
more.