Bruce L. Bergman

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:31:58 -0600, Jack wrote:

I have a simular question..Just got a Miller Syncrowave 180SD and the
manual shows connecting to a lock out box... I want to be able to move
it around the shop... I have 3 wall mounted plug-ins ( dryer type plugs)
connected to a 50 amp breaker. Can I just wire it up with a dryer type plug?
Jack

In a commercial shop they'll insist on making everything easy to
Lockout & Tagout. If the equipment is hard-wired to the wall, it
always needs a safety switch of some sort (even in a home shop!) - but
if it's cord connected, there's your disconnect.

Just buy one of the Universal Cord Lockouts - or build one, which
can be as simple as an old small toolbox with a notch (or sets of
various sized notches) on the lid and a locking hasp, painted red.
And a padlock that /only one responsible person/ has the key or knows
the combination.

Unplug the welder and stick the plug inside the box, lock the lid
closed, and nobody is going to be plugging it in on you.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545