Lurch

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 20:06:43 +0000, Richard strung
together this:

Simple when I stop thinking about latching or changeover relays with
mains coils and how to power them!

Always best to stop thinking if you want to work something out!

I suppose however I could use a pair
of SPDT latching relays if I could find a momentary pull switch,

Well, I think standard 230VAC relays would be the easiest to source,
as would be a 1 way pull switch as opposed to a momentary one. I know
that I could walk into my local CEF tomorrow and get all the bitsd I'd
need to do the job.

thus
extending the life of any battery derived coil supply.

I'd use mains relays and power them from the lighting circuit,for the
sake of running a neutral in from the lighting circuit it's better
than having batteries.
--

SJW