Lurch

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:35:04 +0000, Richard strung
together this:

I would like to replace the intermediate switch in the lighting circuit
in my attic study. At present it's an ordinary box mounted-on-the-wall
unit inconveniently mounted out of reach. What I want is a cord
operated pull switch mounted in the ceiling. I have never seen one of
these in any wiring catalogues. Does anyone supply them?

Not that I've ever seen.

If not has some enterprising soul worked out a circuit that will mimic
the operation of an intermediate switch, perhaps with suitable relays,
that can be controlled with an ordinary pull switch?

Relays, two SPCO with the coils wired in parallel switched from a 1
way pull switch.
Assuming the strappers are yellow and blue then connect;

The two yellows to relay a and b com.
The two blues to relay a and b NO.
Relay a NO to relay b NC.
Relay b NO to relay a NC
..
I used to work in a building where every fluorescent light unit was
equipped with a pull switch on the lamp. At 12 pm and 7 pm all the
lights were switch off centrally and a tug on the cord was required to
switch each one back on. Quiet neat but not relevant here!

That could be pricey! I'd forget that notion!
--

SJW