BigWallop

"Richard" wrote in message
.. .
I would like to replace the intermediate switch in the lighting circuit
in my attic study. At present it's an ordinary box mounted-on-the-wall
unit inconveniently mounted out of reach. What I want is a cord
operated pull switch mounted in the ceiling. I have never seen one of
these in any wiring catalogues. Does anyone supply them?

If not has some enterprising soul worked out a circuit that will mimic
the operation of an intermediate switch, perhaps with suitable relays,
that can be controlled with an ordinary pull switch?

I used to work in a building where every fluorescent light unit was
equipped with a pull switch on the lamp. At 12 pm and 7 pm all the
lights were switch off centrally and a tug on the cord was required to
switch each one back on. Quiet neat but not relevant here!

TIA

Richard

Couldn't you just fit a pull cord switch to control the light only, instead of
actually operating as a intermediate switching point.

The only other thing I can think of doing, is to re-configure the wiring to suit
a two way pull cord switch.

Bit it might still be an idea to try your local Leccy wholesaler to see if some
manufacturer has come up with the idea.