James Sweet

"t.hoehler" wrote in message
news:bMfEd.31208$wu4.21124@attbi_s52...

"News" wrote in message
http://erwinttl.blogspot.com/

Whew, 102 inch, wonder what that beast costs? I'm pretty impressed with

the performance of plasma displays, they use them in Borders book stores

on
the wall behind the cash registers to plug new products. The ones I have
seen have been in use for about two years straight, and they are still
working fine, no service has been required, according to the manager. He
says the only thing you have to do is blow the lint out of the vent holes

on
the back of the displays. They get pretty stopped up with lint because of
the fans inside.
Regards,
Tom

We have one at work that works pretty well, the picture is fantastic, it
does have some very light screen burn though, it was running "out of the
box" when I started working there so the contrast and brightness were
cranked way up. If you calibrate them properly they're not too bad in that
respect but overdrive them and they burn very quick. When they do need
servicing they're no fun to work on but if you can afford them they are
nice.