Silvan

Larry Jaques wrote:

training, no education, just a couple decades as a competent hobbiest.

Well, Glenn misspelled "certifiable" and you misspelled "hobbyist."
I guess that makes you even.

I have to turn off the on-the-fly splee cheker because it makes my 2 GHz
machine feel like a 200 MHz machine, and I get about 20 words ahead of it
typing. I never have been able to spelee wroth a damn. In English anyway.
My spelling in Spanish is damn near perfect.

I'm fairly certain that the idiots who write up want ads have never
even heard of the technologies they require for any given job. Some
seem to want people younger than 22 with a Bachelors in Arts, a
Masters in Computer Sciences, and a PHD in something else, know 27
different computer languages fluently, be able to levitate, etc.
Oh, and they're offering minimum wage + perqs.

That's an apt summary of the ads anyway, except you forgot 15 years of Linux
kernel hacking experience.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/