Robatoy

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

[pardon the snip]

Remember, however, that it was a measurable
characteristic--higher resistance per foot--that made 24 gauge sound
different from the other cables.

That slightly higher resistance (fractions of ohms per foot) can
actually have a pleasant effect on the audio experience. Remember when
'damping' was a buzz-word?.....LOL

At Bruel & Kjaer in Denmark. IIRC, (or was it at Dynaudio...mmm) they
did an experiment with a nifty control circuit which could 'dial in'
harmonic distortion. I forgot the numbers, but the amount of even order
distortion a human being can put up with before it is noticed is
absolutely amazing...like 10% (Odd order was much more noticeable)

We are woodworkers here.. let's talk about loudspeaker cabinet design
and materials *VBS*

Rob

E=MC^2 ? 3dB