Art Ransom

Drill 3/8" hole 1/2" deep. Mount scrap on face plate and turn flat and
1/8" larger than faceplate. Drill 3/8" hole in center of faceplate and glue
a 3/8" dowel with 3/8" protruding. Using hot melt glue, glue stock on
faceplate. When finished turning part off 1/4". Hot melt works
surprising well.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org
"John DeBoo" wrote in message
At what point during the process would I drill the hole in the bottom of
the pieces for the weights? Initially, then turn 'around' the hole I
drill in it? I don't have a chuck to hold it with (Jet mini) so logic(?)
says to do it before I turn. If I wait until its all turned and sanded
I'll scratch it up trying to hold it for the drill press or hand drill.

I just got some really nice dried solid cherry branches from a friend
who's tree died and I don't want to screw them all up.

Grandpa John