Sexytom976

My house is a 50 year old home, I decided to get the ducts cleaned
(about 450.00) by a recommended company. Turns out the intake ducts
(my house has 4) and are really the ones that get dirty. They suck in
all the air and some gets caught on the walls of the ducts themselves.
Over the years it builds up. The filter I have works great and the
exhaust ducts are pretty clean. Is you have a desire, you can
do it yourself but its a messy job.

Did I notice any more or less colds in the house? Na, only thing
I noticed that after the first heat of the season, it didnt
smell initially this year. Just fired it up and all was well.

Tom

Sennin wrote:
During wintertime, the furnace air has been drying out the family
sinuses. Also, we have been sick a few times. While investigating,

thought maybe it was a furnace issue.

I had a reputable furnace man out. He suggested having the furnace
cleaned/AC cleaned and each air duct cleaned. For a total of $500.

I have heard that the furnace/AC cleaning is a good idea. I have

also
heard that duct cleaning is just a scam, because the filter picks up
the dirt that would be in the duct.

Any thoughts on that?