Swingman

"Robatoy" wrote in message

I once had a certified gold set of way better than average ears, have
recorded and mixed over 200 albums with these same ears, and I was

always of
the opinion that anyone who falls for Monster's claims has too much

spare
change, along with a large helping of naiveté.

Say it ain't so, Swingman!!!

Tis sadly true ... as you well know.

If you had absolute certainty that
the soundpressure levels of the tests were dead-nuts in amplitude
between components... then it become every difficult to tell
differences.

Boy howdy ...absolutely deadon correct! Watch that salesman's fingers on the
volume knob, now!

Fletcher-Munson notwithstanding, the tiniest "increments of whatever" that
effect the volume of what you are hearing in any way, and it's a whole new
ball game as far as objective comparison goes.

Harry Pearson can kiss my ass. 'Gravelly bass, white chocolate midrange,
pebbly top-end included.

ROTFL ... "Why, with this speaker/wire/connector/component/dojiggy we heard
things in the recording we never heard before!" gag

But.. having said all that, do you have a source for green magic markers?

No, but I do have a rider that specifies only brown M & M's in the "green"
room, if you're interested.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04