Dan Kozar

In article LVRDd.44869$nN6.1296@edtnps84,
"Darrell Feltmate" wrote:

I realize this has been done before but I thought I would upset someone or
other with a few thoughts on most people's not so favorite part of our
craft, sanding. To me a badly finished piece of work is a bad looking and
badly crafted piece of work. For a good finish you need a good surface and
that usually means a well sanded piece. Some times I think I should be
considered a wood sander instead of a wood turner :-) So here are some
thoughts in more or less random order on getting that finish

When hand sanding, especially at the beginning when using coarse sand
paper, I find that by applying a small amount of wax ( paste, briwax or
bees) to the wood, that the sanding goes much faster, and much less dust
is created. I use this technique when hollowing end grain when making
boxes. I haven't made any bowls, nor have I tried it with power sanding.

--
Dan Kozar

remove NOSPAM