mark

"Derek Andrews" wrote in message
Art and Diane wrote:
Unfortunately, I haven't as good luck with the 2 stage setup. My
garbage can lid came from Woodcraft several years ago and fits quite
tightly on the galvanized can I got for it. The collector is a Jet in
the 1.5 to 2 hp range as I recall (it is 220v) and I wouldn't think my
pipe system is particularly efficient (the collector is in one room and
the pipes branch off in many different angles into 2 other room that make
up my shop). My problem is that dispite all this, the suction is still
great enough to suck all the chips, no matter how large, through the can
and into the lower bag on the collector. I've added an elbow to the
inside of the can (having suspected that the layout of the inlet and
outlet created a vortex that didn't allow the chips to reach the bottom
of the can), but it has not helped.
There are so many positive comments here about the setup, I figure I must
be doing something wrong, but I have no clue what it might be. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

I just went thru this. I needed a bigger can. My galvanized can had a
standard opening, but it was too short. I got a bigass industrial 55 gallon
garbage can, and it works better. Still some stuff gets sucked thru, but
major improvement.