Patriarch

Art and Diane wrote in
news:FzTDd.29445$wu4.28374@attbi_s52:

Unfortunately, I haven't as good luck with the 2 stage setup. My
garbage can lid came from Woodcraft several years ago and fits quite
tightly on the galvanized can I got for it. The collector is a Jet in
the 1.5 to 2 hp range as I recall (it is 220v) and I wouldn't think my
pipe system is particularly efficient (the collector is in one room
and the pipes branch off in many different angles into 2 other room
that make up my shop). My problem is that dispite all this, the
suction is still great enough to suck all the chips, no matter how
large, through the can and into the lower bag on the collector. I've
added an elbow to the inside of the can (having suspected that the
layout of the inlet and outlet created a vortex that didn't allow the
chips to reach the bottom of the can), but it has not helped.
There are so many positive comments here about the setup, I figure I
must be doing something wrong, but I have no clue what it might be.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Taller can?

Patriarch