Mike Marlow

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Joe" wrote in message
For pro audio (AKa not home or car audio most of the time) monaster

cable
makes 100% lifetime guaranteed stuff don't they?

For a traveling band or high traffic studio / stage environment, that is
worth it alone IMHO.

Nope. I've owned a recording studio (www.hsound.com) since 1978, and

played
in many a "traveling band".

I've never used the cables in the studio because of the price/performance
ratio, and I don't know anyone who does for very long, at least anyone who
has been in the studio business longer than the 2 years the average
"recording studio" stays in business.

Not to mention that there are a ton of lifetime warantee'd cables on the
market at a fraction of the cost of Monster Cables. It still amazes me that
people fall for this crap.

But what the hell ... if Eric Johnson can tell the difference between

brands
of 9 volt batteries in his guitar pedals, who am I to say?

Actually, this is quite common. It has to do with the way the batteries
decay though, and not with anything they do when new. Pedals provide
different distortions, etc. as the battery decays and it's not uncommon for
a player to want a somewhat used battery in his pedal for this reason.
Copper Top exhibits different characteristics of decay than does say,
Energizer. To some, it's fairly noticeable. Not to me.
--

-Mike-