Paul Kierstead

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't know. Think about this. You listen to music on your $6000 stereo
and it sounds good. When you call a store and are put on "hold", that same
music does not sound so good over the telephone. Why?

The why is quite involved, but I can absolutely assure you these two
things are not even remotely related; a classic case of apples and
oranges. Incidently, I have worked professionally in the field of
telephony communications (digital and analog) as well as professional
sound (mixing and set-up). When I was doing profession sound I did some
outdoor set-ups with thousands of watts of power. We used heavy guage,
very ordinary copper wire.

For speaker wire in particular, Monster cable is absolutely full of
****, there is no question. For cables carrying a much lower power
signal (mic cables especially, but also line-level stuff to some extent)
cable quality, and in particular proper impedence (for mic cables) and
top-notch shielding are quite important. However, here monster is still
full of ****. The sell short lenghts of "premium" optical cable for gods
sake.

Monster cable is ripping people off big time. Equal or better quality
cable and connectors can be had for much much less money in every single
case.

PK