Barry N. Turner

You might want to look at the Jet 1642. Like the DVR, it has electronic
speed control and comes in 1 1/2 and 2 HP versions. Price is comparable to
the DVR. It lots of cast iron and has a sliding headstock.

Barry

"Nasty" wrote in message
Hi Guys and Girls,

I am about to take the plung back into turning and am seriouslly shopping
for a lathe. I really like the looks of the Nova DVr 3000 but not sure
about the price. I have looked at grizzly's web site and several others.
My question is are there lathes that compare with the dvr that are cheaper
or are there alternatives to the dvr . I like the electronic speed

control
and the dvr just looks well built. Any web sites that do comparisons of

the
best. I can buy the dvr just want to know I'm getting the most for my

cash.

Thanks Jim