Jerry J. Wass

Yeah, I finally found some with the same experiences I have had--Green s**t
inside the line after a summers dis-use..The old Aircraft manuals said--Anneal
copper lines
after 50 hrs of use..( anneal,--heat dull red & plunge in water}

wrote:

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 04:38:53 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

Keep the lines short and supported and there will not be an issue.
Barring the ability to keep it short, I use copper for my oil pressure lines
in my car, but I put a little coil to spread any movement out over a longer
span, and supported in a way that it wouldn't vibrate unnecessarily. The
nylon that came with the gauge set got brittle and broke, making a royal
mess inside my car on the way to work one day.
Copper fuel lines were used for years in old machinery, cars, and so
forth. You'll find little really old equipment lacking a copper fuel line
somewhere.

wrote in message
.. .
| I'm sure I read somewhere that one should not use copper for fuel
| lines for gasoline that something happens between the copper and the
| gas.
| Am I dreaming all this up or what?
| Mike in BC

Ever see a fuel system with a good case of the "greenies"? Todays fuel
and copper lines do NOT get along well. Fuel (gasoline) is hygroscopic
- meaning it attracts and absorbs moisture. Possibly the alcohols and
other oxygenators contribute too, but the copper corrodes (forms freen
oxides), and the green stuff makes a mess of jets and injectors.