Dave Liquorice

Default Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants?? Reverse problem

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:25:40 +0100, Malcolm Stewart wrote:

At the moment I don't know if my problem is a new spring (it's
Oxford clay underneath, I've been here 20 years and it's never
happened before), or whether it's a mains supply leak.

Unless there have been some changes (reduction) in the local
abstraction or new building nearby (within about 1/2 mile) I would
doubt it is a new spring. This leaves a leak and being on clay it
could be a considerable distance from where it is appearing.

I'd be tempted to dig down and follow where it is coming from.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail