Joe C.

If your collector is leaking around the band, try this. Buy a 20" bicycle
tube, slit it lengthwise in half, keep the ring without the valve on it.
Slip this on the metal flange before putting the bag on, then put your band
clamp on. This should solve most leak problems.

Joe C.

"golf" wrote in message
Howdy Group:

I've installed a 2 HP dust collector for my lathes. It collects
mainly fine dust, which I wanted. On the lower clear bag, I'm having
trouble getting a good seal with the band.
I noticed the dust is really well packed in the bag. Would a pre
collector (garbage can) remove a lot of the dust?
I know a pre collector does catch a lot of chips.

What are your suggestions for finishing my system?

Joe Yablonski

-- Remove par from email address for replying