Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Mac

Since my native language is Dutch, I have to try to make sure that I use
the right words and so I checked the dictionary, it says
"tenon, projection shaped to fit into a mortise".
So yes a stub that's sticking out and the recess is of course an "Innie"
as you say, and yes some may not know what they are talking about G.
You know its hard enough already so it helps if we do not get all mixed
up and call a spade a spade and an "outy a stub and an innie a recess"
Very big G

have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum.4html

mac davis wrote:

OH.. by tenon, are you referring to a stub that you tighten the jaws
on, or a "round groove" that you grip by expanding the jaws?
I've been interpreting a tenon as an "innie" and a base as an
"outtie", but I've noticed that some folks say tenon to mean either
one..