Kevin Neelley

Joe,

My pre collector catches 95% of the dust and chips. The only particles that
make it to my dust collector bag looks like really fine dust. I think I bought
the trash can venturi lid at Woodcraft.

I use the pre collector garbage can as my floor vacuum. I don't use it for
anything else, like lathe sanding or table saw dust collection.

I recently bought one of those Jet retrofit dust collectors that updated my old
Reliant dust collector. The filter bag filters 2 micron dust particles. It is
paper pleated and has so much surface area than the old cloth bag that I
actually now get more suction flow. The new collection bag holding scheme allows
the bag to easily snap in and out. I bought the kit at Amazon.com.

Kevin Neelley
http://www.turnedwood.com

In article , golf says...

Howdy Group:

I've installed a 2 HP dust collector for my lathes. It collects
mainly fine dust, which I wanted. On the lower clear bag, I'm having
trouble getting a good seal with the band.
I noticed the dust is really well packed in the bag. Would a pre
collector (garbage can) remove a lot of the dust?
I know a pre collector does catch a lot of chips.

What are your suggestions for finishing my system?

Joe Yablonski

-- Remove par from email address for replying