Househunter

I just got a primer on termite control, from a very good reputable home
inspector/pest control company...

the home DIY treatments for termites are mostly ineffective over the
long run. They told me right out, they must put 3 to 4 termite baiting
stations per property on a permanent basis, to really protect any
property from termites. This keeps a steady stream of poison being
taken back to the underground nests by worker 'mites, which reduces or
kills off the nest. There are millions of workers per nest, they are
quite hard to kill off completely- they have a tendency to come back.

A quick spray job and one baiting station that is removed in a month,
don't cut it. The termites will come back.

If you have termite damage in the bathroom, bet Vegas house odds you
have termite damage elsewhere in the home too- you should call a
professional in and have your home baited and fumigated. Think about
it- those 'mites had to get in somewhere else and work their way to
your bathroom- most likely eating your house and tunneling along the
way.