CathyLee

Frosting a Window
Mix Epsom Salt with stale beer until the beer can hold no more. Then,
apply the mixture to the glass. When it dries the window will be
frosted.

CL

"Magnusfarce" wrote in message
I just had a rollup garage door installed that has windows which will

allow
daylight (good) and a view of the electronics and tools in my garage

(bad).
The windows that came with the door are clear glass. What can I use

obscure the view from outside without losing the natural light?

Some searching came up with two potential solutions: 1) Spray on

fogging
paint, apparently available from craft stores; and 2) Aquarium

crystal
paint.

I believe that any tinted or reflective film will work except that, at
night, someone would be able to see into the lit garage. That's

almost a
good enough fix, but not quite. I also understand that I cannot add

any
appreciable weight to the door, so that rules out adding a thin sheet

of
bubbled light fixture panes (like on flourecent lights).

I'd appreciate any shared experiences on this. Thanks.

- Magnusfarce