Bubba

On 8 Jan 2005 02:21:37 -0800, "Sennin" wrote:

During wintertime, the furnace air has been drying out the family
sinuses. Also, we have been sick a few times. While investigating, I
thought maybe it was a furnace issue.

I had a reputable furnace man out. He suggested having the furnace
cleaned/AC cleaned and each air duct cleaned. For a total of $500.

I have heard that the furnace/AC cleaning is a good idea. I have also
heard that duct cleaning is just a scam, because the filter picks up
the dirt that would be in the duct.

Any thoughts on that?

Have your furnace and A/C checked and cleaned yearly.
Check your heat exchanger for cracks and/or have a CO test done.
Go to your doctor and see if you are sick.
Duct cleaning is always debateable. Have them show you a place or two
in your ducts that is dirty then you decide if you want them cleaned.
Cleaning ducts wont add humidity in your home.
Id be more interested in investing that money into a humidifier, air
filtering, UV light or other indoor air quality products. Those keep
on working/cleaning. The duct cleaning gets finished and the dirt
cycle starts all over again.
Bubba