Joseph Meehan

Magnusfarce wrote:
I just had a rollup garage door installed that has windows which will
allow daylight (good) and a view of the electronics and tools in my
garage (bad). The windows that came with the door are clear glass.
What can I use to obscure the view from outside without losing the
natural light?

Some searching came up with two potential solutions: 1) Spray on
fogging paint, apparently available from craft stores; and 2)
Aquarium crystal paint.

I believe that any tinted or reflective film will work except that, at
night, someone would be able to see into the lit garage. That's
almost a good enough fix, but not quite. I also understand that I
cannot add any appreciable weight to the door, so that rules out
adding a thin sheet of bubbled light fixture panes (like on
flourecent lights).

I'd appreciate any shared experiences on this. Thanks.

- Magnusfarce

First, if you are in a creative mood, check out the craft stores for
stain glass paint. Just add a little creativity and you can have a good
looking results that also block vision well and not too much light.

From Michaels

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...002&channelid=

However for most, I suggest the self stick plastic stuff sold for
bathroom windows. A number of places carry it, try your local home
improvement store.

Home Depot has this listed under "window film."

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...D=9876--Joseph Meehan26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math