Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Magnusfarce" wrote:

- I just had a rollup garage door installed that has windows which will allow
- daylight (good) and a view of the electronics and tools in my garage (bad).
- The windows that came with the door are clear glass. What can I use to
- obscure the view from outside without losing the natural light?
-
- Some searching came up with two potential solutions: 1) Spray on fogging
- paint, apparently available from craft stores; and 2) Aquarium crystal
- paint.
-
- I believe that any tinted or reflective film will work except that, at
- night, someone would be able to see into the lit garage. That's almost a
- good enough fix, but not quite. I also understand that I cannot add any
- appreciable weight to the door, so that rules out adding a thin sheet of
- bubbled light fixture panes (like on flourecent lights).
-
- I'd appreciate any shared experiences on this. Thanks.

Someone, somewhere sells a sort of plastic sheeting (much like
shelf "paper") that is intended for use on bathroom windows. It
give a frosted appearance when attached to the window.

Unfortunately, I don't recall where I've seen it.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/