effi

you'll lose most of the natural light (can be overcome with interior
lighting) but some dark colored plastic window screen stapled over the
window openings from inside, using more than one layer if one layer is too
transparent for your liking, might work

just staple along the top (not the sides or bottom) then the screen or
layers of screen can be lifted and temporarily clipped in place (clothes
pins, etc.) to increase lighting when the garage is being used

another arrangement might be to add a solid panel of thin plywood etc. about
the size of each window, permanently shimmed back from the window a couple
inches between it and the window, so light could pass through all around
through the couple inches space,,,hard to engineer mentally without seeing
the doors

or you could cover each window from inside with some solid panels (plywood
etc.) and have each one hinged so they can be opened to allow light in
whenever; also have some kind of securing mechanism on each so when the
garage door is raised they stay put

or use a combination of solid panels and screen

and if you have the bux, electric glass
http://www.electricglasswall.com/photo.htm

"Magnusfarce" wrote in message
I just had a rollup garage door installed that has windows which will allow
daylight (good) and a view of the electronics and tools in my garage
(bad).
The windows that came with the door are clear glass. What can I use to
obscure the view from outside without losing the natural light?

Some searching came up with two potential solutions: 1) Spray on fogging
paint, apparently available from craft stores; and 2) Aquarium crystal
paint.

I believe that any tinted or reflective film will work except that, at
night, someone would be able to see into the lit garage. That's almost a
good enough fix, but not quite. I also understand that I cannot add any
appreciable weight to the door, so that rules out adding a thin sheet of
bubbled light fixture panes (like on flourecent lights).

I'd appreciate any shared experiences on this. Thanks.

- Magnusfarce