andrewpreece

"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message
"andrewpreece" wrote in
:

Oh, and does anyone have an opinion on nylon carpet for use in high
traffic areas?(versus polyamide or wool mix etc ).

IIRC, polyamide = nylon. Anyway, if considering normal carpets, I would
probably choose a predominantly wool mix in high traffic areas.

--
Rod

You are right about polyamide, just found that out myself. I fancy a wool
mix too, just a little wary of wool being expensive. Another little snippet
I found today was that if a fitted carpet cannot be tucked into a skirting
board as usual, or under a brass strip where it enters a room, it is usual
to fold 2 inches of the carpet back underneath ( taking the underlay back 2"
to make room ), and tack it down. This occurs on the edge of my landing
where the carpet meets the balustrade for instance. That's another 2" of
carpet to allow for.

Andy.