Denis Marier

Thanks George, Its a very site.
Looks very effective that pin chuck.
"George" george@least wrote in message
"Denis Marier" wrote in message
When I rough turn I make a tenon at the base of the green wood blanks
The problem is once the blanks is dry the tenon becomes oval. I have

not
yet found an ideal way to true the tenon before placing it in the chuck

for
finishing.

I sure like the pin chuck/jaws method. Puts it right back between centers
once it's dry. Though if you make centers before you set it aside to dry,
they'll be pretty close to where they were when time comes to reset, even

if
you're using a cone or such. Don't think you have to do the entire turn
from a single mount, and all kinds of methods will suggest themselves.

Take a look at spindle turning a bowl
http://personalpages.tds.net/~upgeorge/index.html