Alistair

Default Fitting recessed lighting

That is precisely where I am installing them! Thanks for the advice
everyone. I have opted for flush fitting so will hunt for the right
hole saw. At least I have saved money by not buying the spiral saw

Alistair

I put those lights into the overhanging 'cornice/pelmet' in some new
wardrobes. Using the right hole saw it was a quick job to fit them
recessed.

In fact given that I didn't need to drill access hole for the cables,
nor screw the fittings in as the hole size was just right, it was
probably just as quick (not that surface mounting was an option)