Arch

Default How do you remove & replace the N3K tailstock handwheel?

I'm still using up hurricane NIP logs: turned end grain with the pith
left in. Plenty of wood to waste, so I'm using a faceplate and not
reversing. My Nova3000 tailstock is slim enough, but the hand wheel
interferes with hollowing out while leaving a long tail-tenon for
support. It also interferes with cutting a dovetail with a blank between
centers, but I need it for drilling etc.

I've lost the diagram and wonder if there is a quick & easy way to take
the tail handwheel off and put it back on? When it's off, I thought to
substitute a nut so the tool has more room. What size threads on a N3K?
TIA.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter