NSM

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message

| Granted, such a device will work but it is hardly an elegant technical
| solution. The whole idea of technology in industry is to make the
| operation and maintenance of equipment reliable as possible without
| having to worry about remembering to "wind up that timing relay".

No, no 'remembering' required. When you apply power, the clock motor winds
the mechanism up to the preset stop. When the power goes off, the spring
unwinds until the switch actuates. Fully automatic.

Also, the http://www.automatictiming.com product is far too complex. The
ones I remember look like a small kitchen timer mounted on a bracket, and
usually have a center screw to loosen to set the delay. Wish I could find a
picture/web page.