Pete

Pete.. I checked out the Sorby, and it looks like what I need for my
next step... (though I still can't quite feel good about the idea of
something spinning inside something spinning *g*)

It looks like the disks are about half a buck each, do you go through
a lot of them?

I get the 50 packs of 2" disks from Klingspor for $10. So, at .20
each, I have cut the costs down a little. I like the idea of making
your own to cut costs further.

As for use, I tend to go through the lowest grit more than the higher
grits. I assume when my tool control gets better and I don't leave as
many deeper marks that will be less so. I might go through a pad or
two on the lowest grit per bowl. And go through a higher grit every
2-5 bowls. This depends on surface area.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing