No Spam

Ross Herbert wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:35:17 GMT, Ross Herbert
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:00:50 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message

| It seems to me that the OP would prefer to use what hardware exists
| now in order to minimise expense and the complexity involved in a
| complete re-design of what he now has. The relay he is using now is a
| 3 pole changeover unit so depending upon what is currently connected
| to the relay contacts will have some bearing on what he can do in the
| easiest and most cost effective manner.

I remember small, inexpensive delays that used an AC clock motor to wind
them up. When the power went off they ran down and switched contacts. I
suggested that previously.

Granted, such a device will work but it is hardly an elegant technical
solution. The whole idea of technology in industry is to make the
operation and maintenance of equipment reliable as possible without
having to worry about remembering to "wind up that timing relay".

PS. Not having seen one of these wind up relays I suppose it would be
possible for it to be automatically wound up again by a motor when
power was restored.

See http://www.automatictiming.com/pdf_atc/305E_data.pdf

No manual "wind up" required.