Ray Sandusky

Walt

If it were me, I would go directly to the powered sanding device. You can
get the whole shooting match for less than $80 and I am sure your results
will bring much more in return.

To start, you can go to Ebay and buy a $20 Close Quarter Drill
Then Go to Craft Supplies and get their $19 3" foam hook and loop sanding
pad (this is the best on on the market)
Then go to Industrial Abrasives - a small company in PA and purchase 3"
disks in packs of 25 for about $8 each. The grits I get are 180, 220, 320,
and 400. Yes, start with 180!

This will get you well on your way and later when you are ready to get a
more durable rig, just get a Milwaukee Close Quarter Drill and you are set -
you can also get the Milwaukee from Ebay - these usually go for $120 at
auction, but you can find some that are less.

Good luck and wear a respirator when power sanding!

Ray Sandusky
Brentwood, TN USA

www.artisticwoods.com

"WaltC" wrote in message
ups.com...
My figers are getting sore, and I'm looking at purchasing a beginning
power sanding outfit for bowls, mostly.

What experience and recommendations do you experienced folks have?
Thanks