Roger Shoaf

I have a tankless in my house. If you are thinking about it be sure to
factor in the cost of upgrading the gas line and a bigger vent also.

The down side to tankless is the cost of the real upper end models that can
really crank up the output when you are in the shower and your wife is
washing dishes. Other factors that don't speak well for them are the cost
of the stinking parts.

If my tankless were to die I think I would replace it with a tank model.
On the good side, my tankless will give unlimited hot water and sure beats
the price of running the electric.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"cjra" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just wondering on others' thoughts.

Does anyone in the US have a tankless water system? How do you like
it? Was it extremely expensive to install?

I've lived with them in the UK and love them, but they're not so common
in the US yet. We had decided we'd install one during renovation, but
the current water heater is the *one* thing in the entire house that's
reasonably new and in very good condition. Seems a shame to replace it
while it's working so well. However, we are still re-doing all the
plumbing, so it would make sense, one would think to install the new
system now.

Would costs be prohibitive to wait to install? As we're redoing the
entire house on limited funds, we have to pick and choose where we
spend the extra cash now.