Colin Cooper

2 x 2 wood screwed to the floor, and self-adhesive velcro strips fixed to
this and the bath side panel. Works a treat. You won't need too much
velcro or you won't be able to get it off - I use about 3 x 3 inches in
total for the long bit.

All the best, Colin
"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

"Jo" wrote in message

"Huge" wrote in message
Anyone got any good ideas on how to fasten a wooden side panel onto a
bath in such a way that the fastening is; invisible (from the outside),
adjustable (it's bound not to be level) and removable (should I need
to get at my scabby plumbing)?

I'm tempted to ignore the "invisible" requirement and just screw it on
with nice screws (chromed dome heads or mirror screws or somesuch)...

How about NO NAILS, it seems to work for most stuff. But what happens

if
you get a leaky pipe & need to take the panel off at some stage?

I fitted mine (having constructed it) so that the top of the panel was
rammed up under the lip of the bath. The panel was then fixed with brass
screws and cup washers at the bottom edge only to blocks I had previously
fixed to the floor. I then sealed the top edge wth clear silicone mastic.
The only visible fixings are therefore along the bottom edge and almost
invisible.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)