Neil Preston

I had a batch of links to LJIII printer repair, but all but one are now
dead. Have you run across this one?

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Good luck,
Neil

"Shawn D'Alimonte" wrote in message
My old LJIII has started jamming again (13 PAPER JAM) and I am stuck
figuring out what the problem is.

The paper either stops right before the transfer assembly roller, or a
bit before the fuser. If it passes the rollers a loop tends to form
between the pickup roller and transfer roller and sometimes it starts
feeding a second sheet. I don't see why it feeds a second sheet since
the engine test is only one page. The paper feed mechanism seems to
have gotten noisier as well, but I can't figure out the source of the

noise.

What I have tried so far (based on Google searches and previous repairs):
- Checked and cleaned pickup roller and separation pad (Fairly new,
printer not used a lot).
- Cleaned transfer rollers (These were filthy)
- Checked all gears for missing teeth
- Tried another toner cartridge
- Disassembled, cleaned and greased clutches on pickup and transfer
roller shafts (Grease was gunked up)
- Cleaned gummed up pads on clutch solenoids (Temporarily replaced pads
with tape until I can find something better)
- Checked drive motor connector
- Cleaned gears attached to motor (Grease was gunked up)

Have I missed anything obvious or is it time for a new(er) printer?