chris French

Default Fitting recessed lighting

In message , Grouch
writes
Alistair wrote:
|| I am fitting some recessed lighting under some cupboards this weekend
|| and I am looking to find the best way/tool for cutting out the holes.
|| I am not certain what the diameter of the holes is, but it looks like
|| they are bigger that my largest hole saw.
|| I have considered buting the Chellenge Xtreme spiral saw from Argos
|| for the job, but would appreciate your suggestions.
|| Cheers

These are better.

http://tinyurl.com/35gz8

Quite likely though that the diameter of the hole is greater than the
size of the largest cutter there.

Having arsed around with a spiral saw cutting such holes before, I don't
bother any more, unless it was say just one hole.. when I last needed to
do it and didn't have a right size hole saw in my cheapy multi-set, I
bought a separate arbor and hole saw of the right size. More expensive
yes, but not a great expense, (holesaw and arbor were less than a tenner
I think) but it just makes the job a piece of ****.

I got mine from the local B&Q Warehouse. alternatively, they were
selling a 'Downlighter installers kit' basically a set of holesaws and
an arbor, but for holes larger than the usual DIY set - going up to
something like 100mm or so.
--
Chris French, Leeds