Steve Worcester

Tim Skilton, the manufacturer of one of those pads, recommends contact
cement.
I have used several different types of glues and found that most will
give good lumps, noticeably stiffen, or be too brittle.
Contact cement is the best compromise of all of them. Standard Home
Depot/Welbond works great. If it is coming apart from heat, you are
using way too much pressure/speed.
Steve Worcester
www.turningwood.com

Art and Diane wrote:
Like Denis, I've had good luck with contact cement. I repaired 2
mandrels about 5 years ago and they still stick.

Art Learmonth

George Saridakis wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have been experimenting with gluing Velcro on those replaceable
sanding pads (I use many as I turn professionally), and although
Liquid Nails did fasten the replacement Velcro, it stiffened the

pad
and changed it's sanding characteristics.

Any suggestions?

thanks
George