Arch

Default An open letter to Shirley and Jonathan Cuff

Dear Shirley and Jonathan,

I, too, regret whatever fuel I added to the recent fire on this ng and I
am thankful of yours and other's willingness to quench it.
"Manners Maketh Man" on both sides of the pond ....and everywhere else
on earth.
I can't find the article in 'Woodturning' about your fine collection and
the wonderful support you two gave to the art of woodturning. but I am
glad to know that it continues. I do remember reading that neither of
you were knowledgeable or much interested in the craft, but bought
pieces that you liked from turners with whom you got on well.

If you haven't become too 'craft savvy' , having been exposed to the
best of worldwide craftsmen-artists, your participation in rcw threads
or as essays from a knowledgeable collector's perspective would be very
welcome. Consider using this multi-national group as a platform for your
approach. A strong but different leg of what I call the "wood art triad"
would be unique and a real plus for this ng.

No one can guarantee reasoned responses on an unmoderated forum, but
please don't reject my sincere invitaton out of hand.

You will always be welcome at my house and on this ng.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter