David Micklem

Default Dishwasher not spraying

In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

No -- That sounds like a completely different dishwasher I know -- a
homark which was sold by B&Q a few years ago, and my father also
bought one in France somewhere at the same time. The whole diswasher
slides in and out of the cupboard on rails. You can either leave the
cupboard door as it was, or remove the door from the kitchen unit and
fix it to the front of the dishwasher so that it pulls the dishwasher
out for loading/unloading when you go to open the cupboard.

Thats the one.

Having managed to remove the pump completely, and since I have to wait
until tomorrow to ring around possible suppliers for a replacement, I
decided to at least test it. The rotor is NOT completely stuck, but
there is a resistance to turning. When I wired it up, the motor does
turn but rather slowly (maybe 30-60rpm). I assume its supposed to be
much faster than this but I had also assumed that it would either stall
completely or spin at its normal speed so I'm not really sure.

I wonder if it's also damaged the motor? If it's an induction motor,
it will normally get up to speed if it can start, as it has low torque
when stalled.

It is an induction motor (at least it has a large capacitor attached).
Its all rather academic now anyway - I have found a source for a
replacement pump, but its around 75 quid. At that price I'll be better
off looking for a second hand slimline dishwasher (which I have just
enough space for).

Cheers,

David

--
Replace return address with drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk to reply.
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing charge.