DanG

We did always get excellent results with 16d nails, avoid the
cement coats, and always be careful about plugged-in / unplugged.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:21:33 GMT, Gunner

wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 04:39:18 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:45:55 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:
Ignoramus584" wrote in
message

| What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Bet it does great hot dogs! Someone have a recipe!

You don't need a welder to "Westinghouse" a hot dog - just
two
stainless steel table forks, a "Killer Cord" with a 120V wall
plug and
two alligator clips on the other end, and a wooden cutting
board.

Stick the tines of forks in each end of the hot dog about
1/2", clip
the power cord onto the fork handles or shafts, arrange the dog
and
forks on the cutting board so it's insulated from the counter
or
anything metallic. Then plug in the power cord till the hot
dog
reaches the desired state of doneness - and don't touch it
while it's
cooking.

If you have a SWMBO, don't use the good forks. ;-)

Or buy the old Presto "Hot Dogger" which did the same thing,
but
enclosed the dogs in a plastic case to catch spatters and
prevent
electrical contact.

I had one of the old Hot Doggers. I only used it a couple
times as
it made the hot dog taste a bit "off" for some reason.

Dummies at Presto used pot-metal Zinc/Tin/AL/Mystery Metal
'hot-dog
stabber' electrodes to be cheap, and they added unwanted flavor
to the
dog. (Duh!) That's the reason I said to use Stainless Steel
forks.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Spamtrapped address: Remove the python and the invalid, and use
a net.