Default Lincoln 225 welder, what can it do?

Get a book on welding. Any store that sells welding equipment will have
a good book. Libraries, also. I have used my 225 amp welder to make all
kinds of stuff for my plant and for use around the shop. Lots of work
tables, a table saw base, frames to hold lights for work benches. I
have cut steel channel, heated rods for bending with the carbon arc
torch ( before I got gas equipment).

I have a 50 amp service/breaker for the welder. I think that is the
minimum.

Paul

RoyJ

Steel (hot/cold rolled) from about 16 ga to 3/8" in one pass. Aluminum
is out, the unit is not DC. There is a nice variety of hard surfacing
rods that run fine. This thing handles angle iron and structural tube
beautifully.

Ignoramus584 wrote:

What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Larry Jaques

On 5 Jan 2005 18:08:29 GMT, Ignoramus584
calmly ranted:

What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Go to the source: Lincoln Electric
https://ssl.lincolnelectric.com/linc...tore.asp?cat=7
Try the arc welding project books, etc. Their foundation books
are dirt cheap.

--
"Menja bé, caga fort!"

SteveB

"Ignoramus584" wrote in message

What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Is it an AC or AC/DC welder?

Steve

carl mciver

Ignoramus584" wrote in message

| What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Bet it does great hot dogs! Someone have a recipe!

Bruce L. Bergman

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:45:55 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:
Ignoramus584" wrote in message

| What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Bet it does great hot dogs! Someone have a recipe!

You don't need a welder to "Westinghouse" a hot dog - just two
stainless steel table forks, a "Killer Cord" with a 120V wall plug and
two alligator clips on the other end, and a wooden cutting board.

Stick the tines of forks in each end of the hot dog about 1/2", clip
the power cord onto the fork handles or shafts, arrange the dog and
forks on the cutting board so it's insulated from the counter or
anything metallic. Then plug in the power cord till the hot dog
reaches the desired state of doneness - and don't touch it while it's
cooking.

If you have a SWMBO, don't use the good forks. ;-)

Or buy the old Presto "Hot Dogger" which did the same thing, but
enclosed the dogs in a plastic case to catch spatters and prevent
electrical contact.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Huey Conway

Lincoln 225 is probably the worlds most popular welder and is pretty
well capable of welding up most any thing for the average
user........in the line of structural types of steels......and some
others materials with the right rods........aluminum, cast,
stainless.........
Gunner

wrote:
Ignoramus584" wrote in message

| What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Bet it does great hot dogs! Someone have a recipe!

You don't need a welder to "Westinghouse" a hot dog - just two
stainless steel table forks, a "Killer Cord" with a 120V wall plug and
two alligator clips on the other end, and a wooden cutting board.

Stick the tines of forks in each end of the hot dog about 1/2", clip
the power cord onto the fork handles or shafts, arrange the dog and
forks on the cutting board so it's insulated from the counter or
anything metallic. Then plug in the power cord till the hot dog
reaches the desired state of doneness - and don't touch it while it's
cooking.

If you have a SWMBO, don't use the good forks. ;-)

Or buy the old Presto "Hot Dogger" which did the same thing, but
enclosed the dogs in a plastic case to catch spatters and prevent
electrical contact.

-- Bruce --

I had one of the old Hot Doggers. I only used it a couple times as
it made the hot dog taste a bit "off" for some reason.

Gunner, hot dog coni-sewer G

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:
Ignoramus584" wrote in message

| What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Bet it does great hot dogs! Someone have a recipe!

You don't need a welder to "Westinghouse" a hot dog - just two
stainless steel table forks, a "Killer Cord" with a 120V wall plug and
two alligator clips on the other end, and a wooden cutting board.

Stick the tines of forks in each end of the hot dog about 1/2", clip
the power cord onto the fork handles or shafts, arrange the dog and
forks on the cutting board so it's insulated from the counter or
anything metallic. Then plug in the power cord till the hot dog
reaches the desired state of doneness - and don't touch it while it's
cooking.

If you have a SWMBO, don't use the good forks. ;-)

Or buy the old Presto "Hot Dogger" which did the same thing, but
enclosed the dogs in a plastic case to catch spatters and prevent
electrical contact.

I had one of the old Hot Doggers. I only used it a couple times as
it made the hot dog taste a bit "off" for some reason.

Dummies at Presto used pot-metal Zinc/Tin/AL/Mystery Metal 'hot-dog
stabber' electrodes to be cheap, and they added unwanted flavor to the
dog. (Duh!) That's the reason I said to use Stainless Steel forks.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Gunner

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:46:29 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

Or buy the old Presto "Hot Dogger" which did the same thing, but
enclosed the dogs in a plastic case to catch spatters and prevent
electrical contact.

I had one of the old Hot Doggers. I only used it a couple times as
it made the hot dog taste a bit "off" for some reason.

Dummies at Presto used pot-metal Zinc/Tin/AL/Mystery Metal 'hot-dog
stabber' electrodes to be cheap, and they added unwanted flavor to the
dog. (Duh!) That's the reason I said to use Stainless Steel forks.

-- Bruce --

That could have been it. They always reminded me of how your mouth
tastes after the dentist drilled.

After I got my first nuke (microwave), I was in hog heaven for wienie
cooking.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio

Old Nick

On 5 Jan 2005 18:08:29 GMT, Ignoramus584
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

metals mainly.....G

What kinds of things could I weld with it?

DanG

We did always get excellent results with 16d nails, avoid the
cement coats, and always be careful about plugged-in / unplugged.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in
message ...

wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:45:55 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:
Ignoramus584" wrote in
message

| What kinds of things could I weld with it?

Bet it does great hot dogs! Someone have a recipe!

You don't need a welder to "Westinghouse" a hot dog - just
two
stainless steel table forks, a "Killer Cord" with a 120V wall
plug and
two alligator clips on the other end, and a wooden cutting
board.

Stick the tines of forks in each end of the hot dog about
1/2", clip
the power cord onto the fork handles or shafts, arrange the dog
and
forks on the cutting board so it's insulated from the counter
or
anything metallic. Then plug in the power cord till the hot
dog
reaches the desired state of doneness - and don't touch it
while it's
cooking.

If you have a SWMBO, don't use the good forks. ;-)

Or buy the old Presto "Hot Dogger" which did the same thing,
but
enclosed the dogs in a plastic case to catch spatters and
prevent
electrical contact.

I had one of the old Hot Doggers. I only used it a couple
times as
it made the hot dog taste a bit "off" for some reason.

Dummies at Presto used pot-metal Zinc/Tin/AL/Mystery Metal
'hot-dog
stabber' electrodes to be cheap, and they added unwanted flavor
to the
dog. (Duh!) That's the reason I said to use Stainless Steel
forks.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Spamtrapped address: Remove the python and the invalid, and use
a net.