Roger Shoaf

"jim evans" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 06:39:33 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

I would take it apart and look. You should have a lot more than 6 years
life from a disposer, so you just might have a loose hose clamp or a bum
o-ring or something.

Thanks for your reply. SWMBO was on my case because we couldn't use
the dishwasher. So, when I didn't get an answer here and then found a
website that said if a disposal began leaking internally it was a
goner, I bought another this morning and have already installed it.

OK I can understand keeping SWMBO happy, but have you taken the old one
apart to see why it was leaking? I have never taken one apart but your
photo did not suggest that the unit died of corosion.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.