Tony Halmarack

Default Setting amount of gap on window opening?

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:44:53 +0100, "Owain"
wrote:

"Tony Halmarack" wrote
| I assume you are talking tilt and turn windows,
| Phew! Yes! I was wondering if readers would recognize the type of
| window from my description....
| In many ways these are the best windows I've ever lived with. Lots of
| light, low maintenance and from an aesthetic viewpoint they complement my
| melamine furniture and avocado bathroom suite perfectly. The conflict with
| the roller blinds is minor and temporary.

A possible way round this is to mount the roller blind on the top bar of the
window rather than on the frame, so the window can be tilted in as much as
is wanted.

A couple of strong magnetic fasteners mounted on the bottom bar of the
window, with associated metal bits on the bottom of the blind, will hold the
blind bottom close in to the frame and stop it swinging about.

Owain

What a good idea! I'd never have thought of that. It would certainly
overcome the main problem and the magnet idea would keep the dangly bits
out of the kitchen sink.

--
Tony Halmarack