R. Wink

Don't get me wrong...I've been using AVG since I first found out about it. I've dumped McAfee and Nortons in favor of AVG
and I advice everyone to use it. It's better, faster and seems to be more reliable than the others. It doesn't interfere
with other programs and seems be more stable that Nortons This is the first time ever I've had any problem with it.
R. Wink

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:45:14 -0500, Joe wrote:

On 5 Jan 2005 16:38:33 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:07:27 GMT, R Wink wrote:
I'm running W2K SP4 (5.00.2195) using the standard M/S log on stuff. Both my normal and the administrator accounts use the
same password and have the same rights. I set the box up this way as I was advised by M/S to NOT use the administrators
account as the "normal" log on account.

If your everyday user has admin rights, then you're doing what they suggest
you not do.

I've a total of 3 boxes and 1 notebook set up this way but this is the only one I've
installed AVG 7.X on. My mouse is a Logitech 4 button that is running 9.78 software with buttons swapped. After installing
AVG, I had to reset all of the buttons as they reverted to the "standard," out of the box settings. Video is a Hitachi 801HR
monitor with a Nvidia TNT2 card. I lost the desktop color which was a custom color and the screen saver reverted to the
"default screen saver." I needed to reset both to my preference after the log on.

If you say so. Maybe you should ask Grisoft for your money back then.

I've had AVG on two of my own machines for a couple of years (the
freebie) and have never had any problems. I have advised a few
others to use it and no one has had a problem.
Even better, once it caught a virus in an email before McAfee did
(which I paid for).

Joe