N. Thornton

Default Where to get damp proofing cream?

"stuart noble" wrote in message ...
N. Thornton wrote in message ...

Interesting. I'm going to propose something similar, see what you all
thnik:

1. drill a hole into each brick: drill in thru the mortar, going down
at an angle into each brick.
2. Fill hole with new engine oil with a little paraffin added.
3. Top up later in day.
4. Make good the mortar.

I've not tried it, but I have seen this stuff soaking easily into bits
of brickwork, and it seems like it could well work on old soft bricks.
Who nose.

On a day like today the oil would probably make its way down the wall and
out on to the patio.

What would make the oil move upwards? I cant see how it would myself.

Regards, NT