Ian Stirling

Default Hands-free DIY radio?

Paul Clarke wrote:
I used to have a baseball cap with built-in stereo radio that I bought some
years ago for a tenner in Boots. Admitted the reception was a bit variable
in some locations but with no cables to get in the way I found it very
convenient for DIY. After being witness to many years, on and off, of some
of the worst kind of heavy duty bodging it has finally bitten the dust...

Can anyone suggest a suitable cheap-ish replacement hands-free radio (with
no earphone cables like a 'walkman'). Or does everyone else just turn the
radio up and let the neighours listen as well?

I find a walkman (with earphone cables) (well, actually a Sony micro-radio)
very useful.

As long as it's stuck in the pocket, not on the belt, and the cord is put
under the clothes, it doesn't snag.
Just replaced it with a MP3 player/radio.
Adding ear protection over the lead/phones is no problem.
And the reception tends to be better than with a "hat" radio, due to the
longer antenna.